Friday, March 30, 2012

The Power of One

Some of my favorite songs have come from Especially For Youth. I would have to say this is the best youth camp in the world and I had the opportunity to go 4 years in a row! Someday I hope to be a counselor and provide younger teens with the same amazing experience I had.

The main reason why I love these songs is because I can relate to them so easily. They bring such a sweet spirit and teach many great truths.

There is a pattern with every single EFY CD:
1) song that illustrates the theme
2) song directed towards young women
3) song directed towards young men
4) piano or other instrumental song
5) an arrangement of a hymn

These songs prove that music has the power to change a life and can make all the difference in the world. These are those inspirational songs that make you want to go out and do something. They can help you feel peace, they can give you courage, they can affirm your testimony, they can testify of the truths that you want to know.

There truly is nothing like listening to wholesome music. In fact, there is oftentimes that I would prefer to listen to EFY music rather than some popular song on the radio. I love the good, positive feelings that accompany such music and the opportunity it gives me to reflect and feel peace in this ever changing, fast paced world. They are great songs that just make you feel good and are perfect for being used in church lessons and other devotionals.

I love knowing all the words to these songs and not have to worry about a bad word, or an inappropriate message. They are perfect for any occasion!

Here's a couple of my favorites, although it's definitely hard to choose!


No comments:

Post a Comment