Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tale as Old as Time

Yup, you guessed it. Beauty and the Beast! I was 11 years old in New York City. It was such a fun family trip filled with so much sight-seeing and memorable events. One of which being a visit to Broadway!

At the time, I watched Disney Channel all the time and I thought Christy Carlson Romano was SO pretty. And guess what? She was playing Belle at the time! I was so excited and even got her autograph after the show. My dad pushed my small little self to the front to see her and I was so happy!

But back to the show...We were in the very back row but we could still see great! I love that about theaters. There's rarely ever a bad seat in the house. Although I don't remember a lot of the details, I know it was a great experience and one I will never forget!

One thing I've realized now is that the story is the same, but a lot of the songs are different from the Disney movie that I grew up watching.

Here's a couple I really enjoy!

I love fairy tales and this is definitely one of my favorites! I think I like it so much because it has such a great message about not judging people from the outside and really getting to know them. Also about protecting the ones you love and doing what's best for them. I also can connect with Belle because we both love to read! And the musical is french! I love the french culture and now that I've studied french, there are subtle details in the story that make more sense!

No comments:

Post a Comment