Monday, March 26, 2012

A Taste of Creativity

"Song writing is both an art and a craft: if you've got the craft without the art, it's boring, if you've got the art without the craft, people don't know what you're talking about. Conceive it, believe it, achieve it."
          -Mary Gautier

I appreciate composers so much because, without them, there would be no music. Their skill and dedication has changed the world and I guess the way we repay them is by playing and appreciating the music they write. Let me tell you, writing music is difficult! I honestly don't know how they do it, but they all have a vision. It seems as if music is always running through their head. Different melodies, plenty of ideas being formed and all they have to do is put it on paper and make it come to life. 

Composing may be the most creative part of music and so many composers are musical geniuses. They always find a way to do it better or come up with something new. They are never limited and their ability to be creative is limitless.

This week for extra credit in my music class we have the opportunity to do a little composing. There are a couple criteria and I honestly have no idea of where I'm going to begin! Let's hope that I can come up with something creative. I guess you never know what you can achieve until you try. And it's always good to stretch yourself and do things you're not extremely good at. That's the only way we learn, grow, and become better.

No comments:

Post a Comment