Saturday, February 11, 2012

Down Another Road...

Becky Gehring  
I have loved the violin ever since I was little and after years of waiting, I finally had the opportunity to take lessons! I loved my first violin and was really sad when I grew out of it but I've learned to love my new one as well. The violin isn't like the piano where you can just play on any one. It's really difficult to play on a violin that's not yours. Because of my background in piano, the violin came pretty easily to me. Sister Gehring put so much effort into ensuring the success of each of her students. She even took lessons herself and spent all her spare time practicing so that she could better help us learn our pieces.  She encouraged me to follow my dreams and gave me practical lessons about life and music. Every goal was reachable as we took my progress one step at a time. Sister Gehring always found amazing opportunities for me to get experience performing. We had monthly group lessons with our peers and then yearly recitals for our family. She also gave me a job as an accompanist for these events which allowed to to be more involved with my music, earn some money, and provide more opportunities for me to use my skills at several church events and solo/ensemble contests. She was always interested in everything that was going on in my busy life and made everything seem so simple as I continued to work on my violin. We spent  a lot of time together throughout the years and I'm so grateful for the countless hours of service she gives to her students and making them feel confident in their skills and enjoy playing such a beautiful instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment