Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hakuna Matata

One of my most favorite kinds of music is...(drumroll please!) DISNEY!!! My life would not be the same without it. I know all the lyrics and never get tired of singing them! I've had the opportunity to go to Disneyland once and Disney World twice. They weren't kidding when they said it's the happiest place on earth! It makes you feel like a little kid and sometimes I think that is perfectly fine. The Disney composers are geniuses. With such wonderful rhythms and happy tunes, it's impossible to have a bad day while listening to Disney songs. It's such a wonderful world and you can learn so much from Disney songs.
The Lion King
Hakuna Matata - no worries!
the Circle of Life

Snow White
Heigh Heigh Ho! It's off to work we go!
Someday My Prince Will Come

Little Mermaid
Part of Your World - follow your dreams

Peter Pan
You Can Fly! (I wish!)

The Jungle Book
I Wanna Be Like You - how to have role models

Mulan
Reflection - learn who we are and better ourselves

I firmly believe a childhood is not complete without Disney and it has such a huge impact on our society. While visiting Disney World, I was able to perform on a Disney stage, go to a workshop, and really understand what it's like to be a professional musician. Did you know that the music you hear in the movies is a first recording?! Yup, that's how amazing they are. They walk into the studio, practice for a couple minutes, and then record. That means you aren't allowed to make any mistakes! Talk about a lot of pressure. It's so cool to take a look behind the scenes and see how things are done in such a big production.

No comments:

Post a Comment