Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Creation of Music

Music is a powerful influence in this world and I strongly believe it is one of the greatest art forms. It can be very diverse and can serve many purposes. Music has been an extremely important part of my life. I'm so grateful I have been blessed with this talent and for the many opportunities it has provided me with throughout the course of my life and I look forward to the many experiences I'll have in the future. One of the things I enjoy the most about my music is the passion and emotions it invokes. Music allows me to escape from the world and just get caught up in my own thoughts and feelings; oftentimes expressing them without saying any words. It allows me to get out my anger, celebrate my happiness, and get through my sadness. Whether it's playing an instrument, singing, listening to the radio, going to a concert or musical, watching a video, or enjoying a dance, I truly feel complete joy and happiness. I've always been up for a challenge and my music has allowed me to try new things and see where it takes me. Throughout the ages, music has been created in many different time periods and genres. It's amazing to see new creations all the time that are available for us to enjoy. Join me on this journey as I express my greatest passion in life and help you understand why it makes me who I am today. I have come to realize that in order to be creative, you don't have to come up with something new. You can take what is given to you and use the inspiration to create something that is meaningful to you. I may not be a great composer or have the ability to perform all types of music, but it is my one love and the whole goal of this blog is to capture each and every part of music that speaks to me.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea, Mary!
    Music is one of the things for which I am most grateful. I can feel the spirit in such a deep and profound way through music. Music speaks! It speaks right to the heart.

    ReplyDelete