Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hey Y'all!

Many genres of music have shaped our country and have had influence throughout the years. Today I would like to travel down to the South, the country capital of the world. 

Cowboys, Red Necks, and Southern Belles. It's seriously another culture down there. There are so many stereotypes associated with this region of the United States. Including cowboys, cornbread, sweet iced tea, red necks, guns, beer, horses, slavery, porches with rocking chairs, plantations, drawls, county fairs and... I think you get the point.

All of these and more are the inspiration behind the country music that guitar and cowboy hat artists create. Full of soul and down to earth feelings, country music is definitely one of a kind and something that most people can connect with at some point in their life or another. 

If I could sum up country music in three themes they would be:
1. Love
2. Tradition of the South (all of the above mentioned items)
3. Lifestyle (reactions to life, attitudes, personality, ways to live)

Although it was not my favorite at first, but I have learned to love it and appreciate it. I feel like that can happen with a lot of things in life. We can be so against something or refuse to give it a chance but when we take a closer look, we may find that we really enjoy something or that it's not as bad as we thought it was. I guess in a sense we often judge too quickly and are not open to change or trying new things. 

I can always find the perfect country song to express what I'm feeling. I've also had the chance to go to three country concerts and they have all been fabulous! Sometimes I worry that the songs won't be as good live but I have been proved wrong! They were amazing!
Carrie Underwood
Brad Paisley
Rascal Flatts
Three of my favorites! Someday I want to go to a Taylor Swift concert as well. One thing I find fascinating is that country artists are all different ages and it never goes out of style! I've heard my grandparents talk about listening to George Strait and he's still popular today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment