Tuesday, February 28, 2012

David Archuleta

Okay well let me start off by saying....what a cutie! But this blog is about music, not attractive young men haha! I first came into contact with David Archuleta on the beloved show American Idol. He was 16 years old at the time and I was extremely impressed with not only his musical talent, but also that he was mormon! It's always really exciting to me to see members of the church on TV or other such media because they often set such a great example for people and help others to understand more about our church. Although David didn't win that season, he still has become extremely popular and has three great albums!

After each season of American Idol, the top 10 go on tour around the country. My sister and I bought tickets the day of to go the the concert with two of our cousins. Let's just say it was an amazing experience! It was one of my first concerts and I loved every minute of it! The thing about David is that he is just so down to earth and can show his talent without being really crazy and trying to get attention. He also plays the piano and gave such a great performance that night!

My next encounter with David was at Stadium of Fire last summer. It was my third time at this show and I haven't once been disappointed. The Fourth of July is my favorite holiday and this always seems like the perfect way to celebrate! He sang a beautiful rendition of the Star Spangled Banner which started out with a video of him singing it when he was a little kid. Precious! Later on in the show he performed some songs from his albums and I enjoyed singing along :)

Although I wasn't at this event, David sang with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir two years ago at their annual Christmas Concert. I heard it was an amazing performance and I can't wait to watch the DVD.

Of course I own all his albums, including his the songs he sang on American Idol and have majority of the lyrics memorized :) Except I'm going to miss hearing new music for the next two years because David has decided to serve a mission! I was so excited to hear this great news and am grateful for his example and his ability to keep his standards, do what he knows is right, and bless the lives of so many through his voice.

This is one of my favorite songs of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment