Saturday, February 18, 2012

Going Down Memory Lane

Is there that one song that whenever you listen to it, you always think of the same thing? I think it's really interesting how we associate different songs with situations we've been in, people we've met, or other memories we have. There are so many songs where I remember the exact place I heard them or why they mean something. Oftentimes it's something silly or memories made with friends but it still means something and that's remarkable what our memory can do. When you listen to a song, try and recognize the immediate association that comes to mind. It's kind of fun to reminisce! Here are some examples of songs that I have memories of.

Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
I always think of the movie Parent Trap! It's playing when she's in the taxi after first getting to London.

We're All in This Together from High School Musical
Reminds me of our Multi-Stake Dance Festival a couple years ago. It was such an amazing experience and it was so much fun to do all different kinds of dances. I don't think I'll ever forget them and whenever any of the songs come on, I just want to get up and dance!

How Great Thou Art
I always think of the version that Carrie Underwood sings. It's absolutely gorgeous and after listening to it, this song became one of my favorite hymns.

I Love to See the Temple by Janice Kapp Perry
I really love the arrangement done by Paul Cardall. I heard it for the first time in the music program at EFY two years ago. It has been a favorite ever since and it brings me so much peace. I can't help but smile whenever I think about the time when I get to go to the temple someday.

Come to Jesus by Kenneth Cope
I had heard songs by Kenneth Cope throughout by life but they never stood out to me until I heard him sing at our stake dance festival. That was such an amazing experience and I love the message of this song.

Check Yes or No by George Strait
I first listened to this song on the beach in Seaside, Oregon. It was recommended by a friend and it kind of started my love of country music. I really disliked it before!

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
This reminds me of countless stake dances. Slow songs are always a hit and if I wasn't dancing, my friends and I always enjoyed singing along :) It also reminds me of the Rockin' Roller Coaster in Disney World. Definitely one of my favorite rides!

Greased Lightning from Grease
Well first of all, the movie Grease. But also listening to the soundtrack all the time when I was little. One time my cousins and siblings made a dance to this song. It's kind of silly but I just remember thinking that dance was so awesome and being so proud of ourselves for making it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment