Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Blessing of Service

As I've said before, I love sharing music with others. I've learned that you never know the impact you can make on someone's life and how much your efforts can be appreciated. Music has always been so natural for me and the opportunities I've been blessed with are indescribable. I've played for vast amounts of people in all different venues. I think that music not only affects the audience, but also the performers. I always feel so much joy when I perform and it gives me so much satisfaction to know that I've blessed someone just from making music. It may seem like such an insignificant thing, but to me, music has such a deeper meaning and it's influence has the power to change lives. I think this is because it connects to the soul. When you listen to music, you feel something. It can evoke so many emotions and cause marvelous outcomes. Serving in music can take many forms. It may be:
  • performing in a concert or recital
  • performing a musical
  • teaching lessons
  • singing a child to sleep
  • volunteering to play in a class
  • playing for loved ones
  • singing at a fireside
  • accompanying a soloist
  • writing music for others to use and enjoy
The possibilities are endless and even the smallest things can mean the world. The greatest thing about service is that it not only blesses the lives of those you serve but you can also benefit from the experience. I think it's important to be willing to serve and to seek out opportunities to truly make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment