Thursday, February 16, 2012

iPlay

Technology has become a prominent part of our society and this can be both a blessing and a curse. One of the blessings though, is having good music at our fingertips. Although it would be cool to have live music everywhere you go, you can just listen to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in your living room. And you don't have to travel to Salt Lake City to hear the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on a Sunday afternoon. Recorded music is so cool and really widens the audience that can enjoy music of all kinds. Itunes, ipods, ipads, computers, youtube, cd players, cell phones. You name it. If I hear a great song, it's so easy to just go home and look it up! I love that I have that capability and the chance it gives me to expand my music library. Throughout my music career, recordings have helped so much. If you listen to someone else playing your piece, it allows you to really focus on how to play certain parts and gives you inspiration for how to interpret the piece. Many of my teachers had us listen to recordings just to get a better feel for the piece. Technology even allows me to share my love of music with you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment