Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ivory Keys with Black in Between

The piano. Probably one of my most favorite instruments of all time. I've been playing the piano since I was in 2nd grade, for about 11 years. And although that has been a significant amount of time in my life, pianos began WAY before then. The first piano was built in 1698 by Bartolomeo Cristofori. There were many keyboard instruments before this time, but Cristofori put the hammer and the strings together to make the instrument act as one, both soft and loud. Pianos have come a long way since then, but each piano regardless of shape or size has the same purpose; to create music. One of the best feelings in the world is to sit down, run your fingers over the keys, take a deep breath, and then let your heart take over the rest. Everything coming together in perfect harmony. 

I live for grand pianos. They are gorgeous and I WILL have one in my future home.
 I can just picture sitting down to play, teaching lessons, teaching my kids. There is nothing better than a home filled with music and I'm grateful I was able to bring that joyful spirit into my home countless times.

Pianos are also made for two! I will never forget those times when my sister and I played duets together. Such fun memories! The piano has been a staple in my life. It's always there, beckoning me. I long to have the time to just sit and play away for hours without a care in the world...

No comments:

Post a Comment