Tuesday, February 7, 2012

M&M Recital

About 6 years ago, my sister and I had been playing our instruments long enough that we had accumulated quite a repertoire of music. We thought it would be fun to show our friends and family what we had accomplished and decided to do our own recital. Mary and Mckenzie; the M&M's. We picked out some favorites encompassing the violin, flute, and piano and practiced, practiced, practiced! Our choices consisted of hymns, classical pieces, show tunes, and just all around fun songs! Our loving teachers helped us prepare and even participated in a couple of songs. Complete with a grand piano, programs, and refreshments (M&M's with our names on them and in our recital colors, aqua and lavender), it was a great event. Our wonderful mother helped so much to make it a success and we had so much support from our loved ones. It's something I will never forget. Even though we've grown older and haven't kept it all up as much, I always loved bringing music into our home and interacting through music with my siblings. I love sharing my musical talents with others and what made it better was doing it with my sister. We have always been close and I love her so much! One of my favorite things to do is play piano duets with her. It was definitely our signature thing while we were taking lessons.  This was the finale of our show...Enjoy!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment