Monday, February 13, 2012

Seeing More in Yourself

I firmly people that those who love to read are more educated and cultured. Reading is one of my favorite activities. You can find me curled up with a book any chance I get. I read many different kinds of books but some of the best are about topics that interest me, such as music. They often teach me things I've never thought of or even help me appreciate music so much more. Here's a couple that I've thought of...
The Musician's Daughter by Susanne Dunlap
This is a historical fiction novel that talks about a girl who tries to uncover the mystery of her father's death, a man who was mentored by Joseph Haydn.
The Piano Shop on the Left Bank by Thaddeus Carthart
A fictional story which focuses on the history of pianos and how they are made. This book really connects music to life and the impact that it can have.

"When you read a book, you do not see more in the book than you did before; you see more in you than there was before"
I think this quote is so true. I really do learn more about myself when I read. I recognize things that I want to incorporate it my life, I write down quotes that have an impact on me, and give myself time to think and look at things from a different perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment